Crisis Management Training is a one-day interactive workshop that supports individuals within organizations to prepare and respond effectively to unexpected difficult situations, including violence and trauma. (8 hours)
Learning objectives :
- Respond to and manage behaviours of persons in crisis to support their mental health outcomes and long-term recovery of psychological wellness.
- Supporting persons in crisis, including situations of death & dangerously-ill conditions
- Learn useful approaches and practice communication strategies to minimize violent incidents and de-escalate emotional crises.
Programme outline :
– Understanding Grief & Loss : stages & processes
– Communication techniques in breaking bad news
– Supporting crisis victims, including situations of death & dangerously-ill conditions
– The importance of self care when supporting and caring for others
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID certification (or equivalent)
$200 + GST per participant
Available for groups of 12-15.